Space Cowboy

I am a music lover. I express my emotions through my music. I know many people don't listen to music like I do but that's also OK. This is me. I am who I am and will never change into a person I am not. It isn't worth it. We only live once so I'd much prefer to be myself and not fake.

So I enjoy many types of music and when Kacey Musgraves released her new album, "Golden Hour", I just absorbed it and swallowed it whole so to speak. Almost every song on the album I felt I could relate to it... some more than others.  I may write about a few others.

I feel like in 2018, we run across many selfish people. Now, I admit I am not perfect by any means but I have learned in my 39 years I would much prefer to be giving and kind..  I'm not a "me me me" person.

So I spent days listening to the album and I kept coming back to "Space Cowboy" amongst a few others.

It's a selfless way of stating to someone that you are allowing them freedom, and well, space. Sometimes we try to hold onto people and relationships we shouldn't but we do. There is always a fear of loss, change and there is pain involved. We even can try to hold to something once it is ended. Not healthy.

I initially cried once I understood the true meaning of her words in this song and it reminds me of 3 different people that are no longer in my life. Each as painful as the other.  However, I am not one to trap someone into maintaining any form of relationship of any type. Yes, it may be painful but if anything is meant to be, it could come back. I
said this song reminds me of 3 people and only 1 was a romantic relationship. The other two were not. Yet the song applies to all of those people. The message is the same.


Her way of stating this is somewhat pragmatic and I actually found it brilliant and peaceful. Please realize as it  reminds me of 3 people, none of those people cause any pain to me any longer. But I love the
selfless view of stating you are letting go and giving space. If someone doesn't desire your company any longer, let go. You are doing a disservice to yourself by trying to force someone to be in your life. Either they want to be there or they do not.









I think more people should understand that relationships come and go. I believe everyone comes into your life for a reason and whether their stay in your life is long or short, they arrived in your life for a purpose. Holding onto something when they want out isn't healthy. Learn and think about what the person brought to your life and accept that for what it was.

Relationships require work and not every relationship you have, whether friendship or
romantic may last. People change. People grow. And not everyone grows together.

Remember what was special about the people that do enter your life even if for a short time. I
keep my circle small now and that may be largely due to the pain I have experienced in the past few years.

I am in a good place. Yet always a work in progress moving forward on my own path. I
look forward to where it leads me. The future is so unknown.

If you have read this and gained anything, wonderful. If not, that's also OK. I choose to live a life of kindness even when sometimes difficult. I feel much better about myself being selfless and kind.

The music video for this song is also of beauty. Please realize that the video depicts a more romantic end to a relationship but for me it is about 3 different people. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections